Homeward bound – an Antarctica recap !

I flew home to Melbourne using LATAM. the flight from Santiago, Chile was a direct one. Halfway along it skirts alongside Antarctica.  I was gobsmacked and fairly overwhelmed. What a pleasant surprise.

We had more than an hour of clear viewing. If you do this flight, choose the rear most window seats on the left (though the right gives good views of the icebergs). I had the centre aisle, but many of the passengers shared their view to which I am entirely grateful. The Melbourne to Santiago leg also cuts its path across Antarctica, but unless in the height of summer (which I was) the traverse is most likely in the dark.

PC232200

Excitement, excitement, excitement, wow: what a finish to a great holiday. I must be in a dream, this is not real !

PC232197
PC232193
PC232188

PC232185



Blog Indexes:

Comments